Faking It

Faking It

By Rosie Sparks

I hadn’t had much sleep last night, I’d stayed up all night reading. I was lying in bed when suddenly I remembered.
“Oh no”. I yelled,“ The history test. It’s today and I haven’t studied”.
Then mum walked in, “Time to get up Bob”.
“I don’t feel well, I don’t think I can go to school” I pleaded.
“Oh no. I know what you’re trying to do. Get dressed, have breakfast and go to school”.
“Fine”, I moaned.

When I walked out the front door my mate Joe was impatiently waiting for me.
“Took your time” he complained
“Sorry”.
“Studied for the test? I heard that it’s really hard,” exclaimed Joe.
“Great” I said “I’m gonna fail for sure.”

As we walked along, thoughts darted in and out of my head. I could pretend to collapse in front of Mr.B and then I would have to go to the sick bay, “and wouldn’t have to do the test” I yelled.
“What’s with you? It’s as though you’ve gone crazy”.
“Oh nothing”, I mumbled.
“Genius” I whispered to myself. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it earlier.

Finally Joe and I arrived at school. I was ready to fake sick, and I felt extraordinarily confident. No one knew about my brilliant plan.
“Bing, Bing, Bing”went the bell.
“Come on we’re gonna be late” said Joe
“Coming Joe”.
“Scared for the test? I’d be if I were you”.
“No I’ve got a plan,” I said
“What’s that?” asked Joe
“Nothing”.

By now we’d reached the classroom. My stomach was churning. I sat down in my seat. I was shaking.
“What’s up Bobbo?” my other mate Ben was standing in front of me, “You look as though you’ve seen a ghost.” Ben laughed.

Suddenly Mr.B burst into the room. “Ok everyone here? Good let’s get this history test up and running”
“I’ve gotta do what I’ve gotta do. Here goes,” I thought to myself. I raised my hand, “Mr.B I feel sick.”
“Come here Bob and let me feel your head”.
I got up and stood all wobbly.
“he doesn’t look too good” said Rebecca, a girl in my class.
“I think he’s going to faint” she shrieked.
All of a sudden I collapsed to the ground.

My eyes were shut. I could hear people talking.
“Is he ok?” one said.
“Cool” another, shouted.
Then I was carried somewhere. I could feel myself being rested on something soft and then I heard a door close. I opened my eyes. I was in the sick bay. It had worked.

Suddenly, an office lady walked in with my mum. “Sorry I didn’t believe you,” Mum mumbled.
“That’s ok,” I said weakly.
“He needs some rest,” the office lady said, “he was just worn out”. “Come on” mum said, “Let’s go home”.

And that’s how I got out of my History test, well at least until the next one. But I’ll have a better plan by then just you wait.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!