Journey Of A Soul

Colder than I've ever been, my heartbeat has frozen in time.

Lost in environments unnatural to me and feeling a gravitational pull.

Need to be somewhere I know but where should I go?

So many signposts, so many roads,

Fireflies humming around my head creating golden light,

Showing me the way, showing me the path.

Who am I supposed to meet.. where is my destination?

White hairs stand on his head in every direction, sitting perfectly;

The Adrian looks at me, eyes of scarlet; frozen heart also,

What is an Adrian doing in my path, I question

What is a mortal doing in my habitat? he replies;

Spoken so softly like a blazing breeze,

My hair falls upward and the world turns upside down,

Gravity has been exchanged, no longer shall I have to remain on this world;

No longer shall I have to stay planted like a wilting rose;

Floating together the Adrian and myself drift off the planet into our own world,

The fantastic effects make me feel giddy and light;

We exchange soul-searching stares and freely let go of our bodies,

They are nothing more than shells, shells of protection;

Then our hearts melt and our souls are separated into different dimensions.

I miss the feeling of another soul, I want that soul back, I want its companionship.

Where can I search for that soul? What universe could it have been transported to?

Slipping into a dizzy state I feel my heart melting more and more;

I need that soul to survive, must survive, must live.

Must I live? Do I crave companionship so much that my heart will melt away without it?

How could I possibly find a soul such as an Adrian's in a vast galaxy such as this?

It would take light years, such time I don't have.. such time I'll never have.

I guess my ending has been determined then, I shall die a lonely soul.

Just as I am drifting through the starry galaxy I fall, fall through a wormhole, a wrinkle in time.

Such an exciting ride! My heart beats with pain as it melts away with longing.

Never have I felt this feeling before. Why now? Why in the ending does the unpreventable happen?

Just as I pass through the end of the wormhole I find myself in a dreamy galaxy.

Such a place a mortal could call Heaven. Cloudy blues and dusty pinks shower the place.

Where should I search? I question myself. Is my companion drifting around here somewhere?

Once again the golden light of fireflies surrounds my soul and I feel my heartbeat

- Not with pain but with a mending hum, a healing hum. The Adrian must be around here somewhere.

I close my eyes and mentally focussed on my companion's eyes, the soul inside. I feel a harmonious hum.

Where could he be.. I ask myself again. "So I found you" I heard the familiar voice of an Adrian soul.

I turned my glowing soul body and faced him. My heart thumped one final time before I knew I had died.

I felt my heart freeze once more and cried inside as I became a gravitional being again.

I then started being sucked back into the planet where I'd been so lonely and cried droplets of salty water.

I watched as I felt myself return. I woke up as if it was all a dream, crying deeply. Once again I was dying.

My heart began to melt once more and I knew then and there I had to give up all hope of living happily in this world.

I grabbed the blade of a Samurai and cast it into my heart, finally freeing from this constant life, leaving for good.

The next life I know cares for people such as me and I won't need to worry about being alone ever again.

When I was granted access to the heavenly palace, beside my God, I turned to Him.

"When will the Adrian come here?" I asked more lonely than interested. He turned to me and spoke..

"Are you lonely, child?" Responding, I cried a helpless "Yes!" and fell to my knees.

"The Adrian you seek died today. His heart melted away to nothing." I looked wide-eyed and worried.

"He needed a companion and lost his chance. His soul has been demolished and there is not even a shred of evidence that he ever existed apart from his decaying soul lying on the planet beneath us."

I froze still for a second. A realization then came to me and I knew -

Happiness was never meant for those who wanted it. It was only meant for those who didn't realize what it was to live without it.

Then I fell, - fell from Heaven and into the world of the lost.

I'll never return.

THE END








FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!