I Cried---

I cried. Why now I thought. He was so young. I put my dress on and slapped make-up onto my face. I grabbed my bag and slammed the door. I didn’t bother doing up my shoes I was too angry. I cried again tears streaming down my face. I sat down and waited for anything to happen; he was the only true friend I had. I was blaming myself for something I didn’t do. I stopped. Waiting nothing would happen, and it would make me sadder. I’m forcing myself to think about him. I need to stop or I will go crazy.
I arrive at school no one seems to want to talk to me, maybe because they feel sorry for me, not even my usual crowd will. I run to the girl’s bathroom and splash my face with water to try and wash away my tear stained eyes. The cold tap water runs down my cheeks and drops into the sink. I turn off the tap and decide to get some fresh air.
Outside the atmosphere is dry but cool. When I breathe warm clouds of air come out of my mouth. The grey clouds above me boom with thunder and a drop of rain lands on my numb hands. The noise of the thunder is deafening
* * *
When I get home that night I go into the kitchen. Mum is making dinner. I squeeze her hand and weep into her chest. I had been waiting for that emotion all day; I couldn’t keep it in any longer. The pain is dreadful. The drain-pipe is overflowing from the rain. The windows are damp and fogged up. The land is no longer dry, it’s earthly and wet. I can smell the garlic for dinner as I walk to the living room. The house is cold, like standing out in the snowy air. I get some patched quilts and wrap them around me. My mind won’t stop racing. I feel alone and I wouldn’t dare tell my mother anything. We are not close at all, even though I cried into her chest earlier on. I don’t know what to do with my life. My heart weeps a sorrowful cry, as I hunch up on the couch and sleep like a princess.
* * *
As I awake I feel more relaxed than I did the night before. The day is now blue but cold the windows are cool to the touch and the house is warm. I am the only one home. I decide to forget about my sorrows, and enjoy my life. I won’t let a single tear drop from my face. I am brave, and strong, and should get over it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!