Sammy And The Camp – Out

Once there was a girl called Sammy. She was nine. She loved her house ion Canberra. She loved spring and being outside. It was the September holidays and had just slept over at her best friend Jane’s. Sammy was in Jane’s class at school. Sammy was bored so she decided to build a fruit and vegetable garden. She asked her 16yr old brother, Tom if he would take her to the nursery. He said “sure.”
They went and bought some carrots and strawberry plants. Her next step was planting them, which she did very carefully.
The next morning she woke up at six o’clock to check on her plants. She tried not to wake anyone. She ran outside. Sammy was shocked! Something had eaten holes in some of the leaves. That night she camped out in her tent she got for Christmas.
Later in the night she heard a noise. She was scared so she slowly unzipped the tent and peeped out. Sammy saw at least thirty huge green fat caterpillars happily munching on her new plants. She got her torch and got out of the tent. Picked up a stick and flicked all of the caterpillars off. Happy that all the caterpillars were gone, she went back to sleep.
The next morning, Sammy had an idea. She would put a screen over the garden to stop the caterpillars getting in. It worked. Her problem was solved. A few weeks later, Sammy made a bright yellow vegetable stall and sold the carrots and strawberries. She made lots of money. With the money she earned, she took Jane and herself to see the movie that they both been dying to see. That summer Sammy’s family had the best salads ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!