R.A.E.P.R.I

It is 2020. I am in R.A.E.P.R.I (royal Australian elite penguin recon infantry). I’m Lieutenant Major Penguinez. My call sign is Snipe. I’m in charge of 5 of the best penguins Shooter, Sleeper, Dido and Bomber. They have gone with me on four missions and have each killed 10 of the apes already. Our latest mission is to go into their fuel dump, set it on fire, get out of there and then destroy the gun emplacement in the hill.
We had four hours before we had to go. I chose to take an M16 (and a scope) and a Smith and Wesson 1005. The rest of the team took their weapons and we entered the stealth plane only six people could fit and Dido is claustrophobic. It took us four hours to get to because it was off shore. We got to the floating fuel dump. We were going to have to do a HALO jump (a HALO jump is where you open your parachute really low to the ground).
We opened our parachutes 100 metres above the ground. We were over the water. We swam the rest of the way. The dump was heavily guarded the fence around it was patrolled by groups of 10 apes, there was a tower in the middle with a anti aircraft gun on it and a guard with a big machine gun and there were guards just at their posts. There was a way in though because i was the best and i had had to get in to places like this before. The only way in was from the rubbish hatch that they would flush the empty cells down and it was always open.
The team and I swam up the hatch and into the bottom of the tower. “We Need to take this tower stat!”Yelled Snipe. We stormed up the tower there were three guards on the roof. Sleeper took them with his knife. I ran after him and set up position. Bomber took over the anti aircraft gun. I took out my M16 and set it up. While Dido, Sleeper and Shooter ran to the next bit of cover. Shooter set up his machine gun in the cover and Dido laid down some cover fire from her position.
Sleeper ran on. He got to the pile but I killed six of the guards and Bomber shot down seven planes coming to refuel. Sleeper placed the bomb and run. Then we all ran to the hatch. We all jumped down into the hatch. When we were out of the hatch we swam to the shore. Where the stealth plane was waiting for us. We swam over to it. The pilot was...............dead.
It was a trap. There were ten apes in sight and there would be 20 more hiding in the bushes. I threw a grenade in to the forest. 40 apes ran out but they all died because the grenade blew up the plane. Then we went to base in the boat.
The End. By Sam Maurer

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!