Maddie Matthews Diary

Hi, my name is Madeline Sofia Lee Matthews, but I really would like to be called Maddie instead of Madeline. By the way, it is my thirteenth birthday today. I had a great day. I received many gifts but my favourite one would have to be this diary that I received from my mother. On the cover it has a picture of a butterfly and some very nice swirls. I spent most of the day at school doing work but after school I had my family and three friends over, their names are Emily, Alana, and Jessie. We had a great time. Sorry got to run I am going out to dinner now.
Write later,
Love Maddie.
Today, 18th of March 2013, was the WORST DAY EVER! This is because in science class I have been given an assignment and it is a partner task. I was looking forward to be partnered up with my best friend, but instead I had to team up with my worst enemy, Amy Tania Smith! The worst thing about that is she is the type of girl who would rather be in a bikini by the pool than wearing a lab coat and researching explosions. I will most likely end up doing all the research, and when it comes time to present she will probably stand there pretending she did most of the work! After we got paired up we were asked to go onto a computer and discuss what we were going to do. So, we went over to a computer and I asked Amy, what would be a good explosion to research and she replied “I don’t know, I thought you were the brains!” So I decided to do volcano explosions. So I got to work. I got two whole pages of information in the forty five minute lesson.
When I came home I did the usual snack, TV and then home work. But then something very disastrous happened, the door bell rang and Amy walked in with her school bag and said it was time for us to work TOGETHER on the project. So we walked in to the study and I started to get to work. Amy then asked me is it was OK if she could painted her toe nails and I replied “NO, I think you should help me with this project.” So out walked Amy with her pink clip board in hand.
Well that was my day, I hope tomorrow is Better!
Maddie

Due date of the EXPLOSION assignment.
Why did I have to be partnered up with Amy? We ended up getting a D-, because Amy didn’t put any effort into the assignment!
Well my day didn’t get any better,
Maddie

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!