Kerry And Jesse

Kerry and Jesse
By Jayden Leitão Year 5

Kerry called out to his mum, “I’ll take Jesse for a walk. Then on the way home I will go to the shops and buy some milk.” Kerry grabbed Jesse’s leash off the wall, put it on Jesse and stepped outside into the bright sunshine. As soon as they got to the park Kerry took the leash off Jesse. Jesse ran up to another dog. It was his friend Thomas and they started playing with each other. When it was time to go Kerry called Jesse but Jesse could not hear him. Jesse was too busy barking at a magpie in a tree. Finally Jesse heard him calling and came running up to Kerry and gave him a big sloppy lick on his nose. Kerry put the leash back on Jesse and then they left the park. Jesse went ahead of Kerry making him follow behind. At last they got to the shop after twenty-five minutes of speed walking. Kerry tied Jesse up outside the shop and went to get the milk from the fridge section. While Kerry was inside the shop, Jesse got up to mischief. Jesse snarled viciously at a baby in a pram. The baby snarled back. A ginger tabby cat walked past with its tail sticking up in the air. The cat brushed its tail in Jesse’s face. Jesse dug his teeth into the cat’s tail. A loud screech came out of the cat’s mouth. The cat turned around and scratched Jesse on the cheek. Just then Kerry came out of the shop. Jesse pretended that nothing had happened. Kerry took Jesse’s leash from the pole then they made their way home. At home Kerry made himself a cup of soup and snuggled up on the couch. Outside Jesse was getting up to some more mischief.

But that's another story!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!