Family Roundabouts

When I was a little girl younger than some I never thought I would be a huge part of My family’s life until my Nan passed away and then they stopped talking. I went on for years not seeing nor communicating with any of them all my cousins and aunts and uncles. I hated the fact that I couldn’t do that and so I then stood up and took on the role of becoming the leader and got majority of them talking again. When I first intervened in this problem I got a gut wrenching feeling that I wouldn’t be welcome into their lives again after doing such a thing. But in the end I was glad that I had done that because it all worked out in the end not just for me but for everyone else around me to. Some of my family chose to take part in what respect I was giving but others are still on their own doing it for themselves, meaning they don’t really talk to me.

All I think in the end is that it is their loss that they can’t have a happy family with them all the way through their life to make them happy and to celebrate Christmas and Easter with the ones I love. They now feel good about themselves and so do I as I helped so many achieve the things that were missing in their life of sadness. I have helped some connect with loved ones and build friendships with old friends or lost loved ones that wouldn’t have any luck trying to achieve it themselves. Lost cousins are a big part of my life as most of them are older than me and I haven’t really grown up with any of them having to remake the bond between us was very hard work to build up generations of loss and grief to happiness and Joy.

It took me sometime to connect with them and to remake the bond between us all is now great and we have connections all the time. Sometimes life doesn’t go as planned and when it does it’s a great feeling to have but when all goes down the drain and you’re lost and you go off track. You know that all are there for you as your guide and to help you get through a hard time without any judgement.

Being the youngest in the family yes you get alot of things, but it doesn’t matter how much you get all you want is to be approved by your brothers and sisters but sometimes approval isn’t good enough. Having only one sibling to rely on and your mum and dad is a hard thing to cope with as you get treated like you’re nothing by everyone else. You know people that you love and care about tell you white lies all the time. My Relations say that you’re nice and a great person when really they don’t mean it they only say it to make me feel loved.

Family are meant to keep promises they make and you believe them, but in the end you can’t trust family all the time. I was very hurt when those connections I had made were lost over a promise my sister couldn’t keep, I Mikayla Williams am the Leader of my family. I am not going to let hurt stop me from doing what I do best. You always can’t mend broken fences but that’s what it is like when you lose connections to loved ones. So stand up for yourself and be the leader of your family and don’t let hurt get you down.

By Mikayla Williams

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!