Daisy

Daisy was a boring old black and white cow. She was the loneliest cow in the world because, no one owned her and she didn't have any friends or family.

So one day Daisy decided to go out in search along the windy path in search to find some new friends. Fist she pondered across a sheep.
"Hello Mr. Sheep, would you like to be my friend?" asked Daisy.
"No. Can't you see I'm busy growing my fleece nice and long ready for the show?" growled Mr. Sheep. So Daisy wondered on.

Next, Daisy found a pig's sty.
"There seems to be nobody here." Daisy thought out loud.
"Yes there is!" shouted a pig.
"Oh, I didn't see you there Mrs. Pig! The pig was so camouflaged in the mud that Daisy didn't see here there.

"Would you like to be my friend?" asked Daisy.
"Not now, can't you see that I'm in the middle of something very important such as having a mud bath?" shouted Mrs. Pig. Daisy just sighed and carried on her way to find a friend.

"I'll never find a friend. not ever!" sighed Daisy. So Daisy it would be best if she turned around and went back.

On Daisy's way back she stopped and starred into an empty paddock.
"I wish I had some friends, even one would be nice." thought Daisy.

Just then more than her delight a truck full of friendly cows stopped in front of her. The got out and said:
"What are you doing here all on your own? I think I want you." So he shooed her around to the back of his truck and load her in.

It was her dream come true!
"Hi I'm Lizzie, what's your name and what were you doing out here all on your own?" said Lizzie.
"I was following the windy path to find some new friends, because I am the loneliest cow in the world." explained Daisy.
"We can all be your friends." said Lizzie loud enough for all of the cows to here.
"Yeah!" said all of the cows in unison.

And from that day forth, Daisy was no longer the loneliest cow in the world.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!