I Hate School Sport

I hate school sport!

“ Ok class today we will be playing dodge ball!”. Everybody screamed and danced around the room, I had to make up something… I could NOT play dodge ball again! “ Um excuse me sir, so sorry I cant really play today.” too scared to hear what he was about to say I stood and headed towards the door, “ Where is your note? I can not just let you do nothing for a whole 50 minutes with out a note!” it was over! I reversed back to the seats, put my bag down and slowly walked over to the game. “As I thought!” he hissed, I really do hate sport! My name is Christopher, I am in Yr 8 and as you may have already figured.. I hate sport!

After the dreaded 50 minutes of hearing everyone fighting over whether they got this person out or not, it was time to go home. In the kitchen my mum and dad were stretching, (my family is very sporty!). “ Hey son, gonna come for a run mate?” I glared at him so hard my eyes hurt, “NO WAY! It was bad enough playing dodge ball for 50 minutes!” I dumped my bag and ran upstairs.

As I walked in circles for about an hour in my room I wondered if I was adopted or something! I was obviously so different to my mum and dad but the worse thing is, they know that I hate sport but they keep pushing me to do it! Like last year they joined me up for Soccer and I begged them for a month not to make me go… it didn’t work!

I stopped walking in circles and saw a white slip of paper under my bed! I picked it up and read it. It was an ‘Unable to do sport note’ that mum had written for my broken ankle when I was in year 5! It was a bit out of date but I could fix that!

The next morning I snuck downstairs to the Medical Cupboard. I got out the roll of bandages and put it in my bag along with the liquid papered note. I bolted outside to find the bus about to leave! I chased for 2 streets til the blind bus driver finally noticed me! It is hard work running after a bus you know! As I got on the school bus and got out my timetable I realized sport was the first session. “Perfect!” I mumbled to myself. I got out my bandage and wrapped it tightly around my foot.

“Dodge Ball again today everyone!” before the cheer squad could start their cheer I limped over to the teacher and handing him the note. “ Mmm.. Uhh” he moaned for a bit then said “well it is a note and you do look hurt!”. Yahoo! Finally, I have convinced a teacher! I grabbed my bag and limped back out to the corridor.

Three weeks flew by and before I knew it, it was sport day again. I stumbled loudly into the sweaty gym to find the teacher and his son in the middle of the court glaring at me! “Christopher, my office now!” I felt my stomach come up to my mouth, I was in trouble.
“I was talking to a friend the other day and he was telling me about a red headed boy running after the bus three weeks ago on Tuesday which is sport day! YOU ARE THE ONLY RED HEADED BOY IN THE SCHOOL!” He sat back into his seat. Struggling for words I mumbled “you cant prove it!”. He snarled “Chris it is sport or detention!”. I really had to think about it for a while but then I quietly stated “ I REALLY DO HATE SCHOOL SPORT”.


Taylor Coghlan, 12
Grade 7, Blaxland High School
75 Emu Plains Rd Mount Riverview
2774, NSW Australia

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!