Tear Drop

The small tears of the girl dripped slowly one by one into the marble birdbath. As they formed a pool in it a picture began to form. It was the story of her life. The one she had lived before being dragged to her death. She had risen above the clouds, never to set foot in the land of the living again. The story droned on and her death replayed, like a horror movie waiting to happen.
***
The dirty girl squeezed through the crack in the window, the left-over jagged glass in the pane slit her hand and the blood rushed out over the blackened grass. Her thin pale face was covered in a sheet of sweat as she fell from the broken window onto the faded wood floorboards. Panting, she pulled the ancient necklace from her neck and heaved her frail body across the floor. The slim chance of hope was crushed by the thin layer of air in the room. She pushed the necklace into the spot in the wall, the place it was always meant to go. Struggling to breathe the silhouette of her tormenter loomed over her. She made one last effort to pull open the rusty door and reach safety but the faint glimmer of hope she had experienced had been crushed just moments before. The tormenter snatched the necklace from the wall and she fell against the door looking up, with tear stained eyes, into the horrific face of the man. He flung his slim body at her shaking frame and it was over as the monster she had never laid eyes on dragged her down through the ground. Nobody would ever know she were there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!