Happy Birthday, My Love

Andy was upset with me. I’d apparently ‘stolen’ his credit card and been a complete child, running off with Caity without telling him or David where we were. But can you blame me? Andy had promised last night that I could use the card and buy whatever I wanted today; it was our day, one of the only days I could hang out with Andy and David; but he completely forgot.

A knock came at the door and I told whoever it was to go away.
It was David.
He asked me to let him in; I couldn't help but hesitate - Should I?
I sat up, grabbed a few dozen tissues from the bedside table and tried to get rid of the mascara stains and calm myself, hoping to reduce the redness on my face from crying. I got up and slowly walked to the door and opened it slightly. Despite my small protests, David came inside, closing the door behind him.
“Come with me,” he said, taking my hand in his, I looked into his deep brown eyes, unsure for only a moment. I let him guide me out of the room, both of us ignoring Caity and Andy.

He led me outside and we climbed the stairs, when we reached the top, which surprisingly wasn't all that hard, he took me to the top and grinned as he used the ‘borrowed’ key to the roof and let us outside, then re-locked the door.
I gasped.
Holy mother of god.
It looked amazingly beautiful. Yellow-white fairy lights lined the small garden that had been placed on the roof –no one knew why it was there since residents weren’t allowed up here – and David had set up the cutest little picnic. It was gorgeous and instantly lifted my mood.
“Wow.” I was breathless.
David smiled and led me over to the blanket lay before us.
“This is.... wow... why – how – did you do this?” I asked as I sat down. David chuckled and sat down beside me.
“You shouldn’t be upset with Andy,” he said, dodging my question.
“Why not?”
“Because, Andy was a little drunk last night and forgot he said you could use his credit card today, and that he was supposed to be shopping with you too.” David explained,
“He still forgot, that's what hurts most,” I said sadly.
“Want some champagne?” David got out a bottle of champagne and two glasses.
“I’m underage, David,” I told him,
“But in Australia, you’re old enough,” He said as he poured me a glass and held it out for me.

“It’s one drink,” David said, he wasn't trying to force me into having the drink, but I wasn't exactly saying no, I had never had champagne before, not that I knew of at least. I looked at the glass and then at David, what the heck. I took a few sips and gagged. Shoot, that burnt like heck!
“That is horrible, David. That burns.” I laughed, coughing still from the terrible taste. David just laughed at me,
“Happy birthday,” he smiled, he brought his face closer to mine and his soft, sweet lips grazed my own, I didn't know how to react at first but slowly let myself go, allowing David’s lips to capture mine.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!