An Unexpected Happening

Excellence Award in the 'Legendary 2012' competition

Tim was lying on the sofa, watching a cartoon of "Superman". It was a hot day and the sun was shining brightly, so he decided to stay in the air-conditioned house to avoid overheating.

His mother, Octonia, had told him to do his homework as soon as the episode finished, because she had gone out. As soon as it finished, he wanted to watch another episode but there was a security camera pointing right at him. His mother would surely beat him if he was caught red-handed.

All of a sudden, he had an idea. He would take a high chair and pose as Superman fighting the evil villians and zooming across the sky. Once he got his specialized Superman cape, he posed as Superman fighting a terrible beast.

Then, it was time for his heroic act; he pretended to be Superman flying across the sky by jumping off the chair. Once he did it, disaster came.

Right at that moment, Octonia came in and went to check on him. To her shock, she found Tim, yelling with pain and agony, on the floor, with a broken jawbone, in a pool of his own blood.

She immediately called the ambulance and they sent him to a hospital. After three days of staying in the hospital, he was discharged. His mother and father scolded him and Tim vowed never to intimidate a cartoon character again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!