Tangy Tongueas

“Fibble Wobble Clack Fobble Mibble Tleibble” OUT!
Jake was disappointed. He thought he could surely beat Tom’s tongue twister... The bell rang. It was time to go into class.

“God, I thought I could easily beat his tongue twister, Kate did, Jai did, Evan did. What makes me not be able to pronounce it? That’s it! I’m mad. I’m going to create the best tongue twister ever! So good, that no one will ever be able to pronounce it.”

The next morning, Jakes friend, Louis rang the doorbell.
“Ding – Dong!” Jake opened the door slowly. “Hey Jake” Louis happily said. “Are you able to come and play?” “Okay, hold on, let me get changed” A few minutes later, Jake came back to the door and told Louis he can’t. “Why not!” Louis said with a frown on his face. “Because.” “Because what.” “Because pancakes” Jake snorted back. “Tell me, Jake.” Jake gave into Louis. “Okay, but promise me to tell no one.” Jake stated. “I cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.” Louis told him with a grin on his face. “I’m making a new tongue twister, so hard, that no one will be able to say it. I want to give Tom some of his own medicine, would you like to help?” “Yes, yes I would. I hate Tom, so very much.” “Why?” “Because he stuffed my face in mud in grade 3, of course, that was 2 years ago, but I still remember it.” “Meet me at the Rondaale Park at 4:30 tomorrow, thank god it’s Friday today.”

Jake finished football at 3:00pm. He went home, and watched TV until it was time. Louis, on the other hand, was doing his homework when he saw a skunk. He thought, they’re so many rhyming words for skunk. Maybe he could create a tongue twister. He had an idea. He couldn’t wait to meet Jake.

Jake and Louis met up at the park, just like planned. They sat at the bench, waiting for the other to say something. Louis looked around. He saw a toad near the pond. It was on a tree, trying to get a girlfriend. “A tree toad loved a she toad that lived a tree. He was a two toed tree toad but a three toed tree toad was she. The two toed tree toad tried to win the three toed she toad’s heart. Or the two toed tree toad loved the ground that tree toed tree trod toad in. But the two toed tree toad tried in vain he couldn’t please her whim. From her tree toad bower with her three toed power the she toad vetoed him.

“Are you okay, Louis?” Jake said worried. “Got one!” Louis said. “Got what?” Jake ran after Louis. Louis ran to Tom’s door. Knocked, Tom came to the door. They battled tongue twisters. Tom couldn’t say it. He just couldn’t. Louis won.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!