Laura Alisan's Hectic Morning....

It was a bright sunny morning when Laura Jane Alisan woke up remembering it was her first day of middle school, she was new in town and didn’t know anyone.
‘Good morning sunshine’ said her mother cheerfully, Laura just groaned and sunk back into her sheets “come on darling get up or you’ll miss the bus!”
“Mum I don’t think I can go to school today I’m feeling really sick’, ‘oh poo, now come on get up or I’ll drag you to school in your pyjamas’. With a mournful yes, Laura got up and got dressed.
She slowly dragged her feet down stairs and had breakfast. While Laura was in the middle of her breakfast her mother called out to her and said “Laura honey I’m going to work now, oh and be a good girl and take out the garbage”
“yes mum” said Laura said with a groan. When she had finished her breakfast Laura took out the garbage, not realising the time sat down in the lounge room and put her ipod on. While the music was playing the bus arrived and with the music so loud she didn’t even hear it pull up.
After 15 minutes Laura looked up at the clock, it was 10 to 9, she grabbed her bag and ran outside but by the time she got out there the bus had already left. ‘Great it is my first day of school and I’m going be late!’ yelled Laura in frustration. Laura sat down on the grass and thought very hard for a moment. Then Laura’s face brightened up, ‘I’ll go in and ring the school but when Laura went to open the door it wouldn’t budge, ‘oh no’ said Laura ‘don’t tell me it’s locked, grrrrrrrr!’
Now Laura had no faith left then she looked at her watch, school was going to start in 5 minutes. Laura pondered and paced back and forth and then picked up her bag and ran towards the end of the street, there she found a map of the town on a post, she ran her finger across the smooth paper and found where her new school was. It was only 2 blocks away, Laura ran across the road, over the bridge, and sprinted to the next street. On the other side of Gummy Street she found her school and ran towards it. Laura flung the school doors open and ran to class 7G with a minute to spare.
Just as the bell rang Laura pulled out her text books, the teacher walked in to the class with a smile and said ‘oh good morning class 7G I believe we have a new person in here today ‘Laura Alisan’. “Come up the front please” red faced Laura walked slowly to the front “tell us a bit about yourself”. ‘Well my name is Laura Alisan and I’m an only child, I moved here from Brisbane,’ Laura’s day got better from then on, but that’s a story for another day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!