War

It was a night of horror,
i was in my room playing with my rag dolls when suddenly a large ear bursting bang came from the other side of the house.
My brother rushed into my bedroom and told me to be quiet,he pushed me under the bed and wrapped a blanket over me so i would not be seen.We sat in silence for a while listening for any movement,there was a loud bang as someone kicked down our front door.I heard large booming voices speaking another language different to mine.
My brother was silently weeping.I was to scared to cry.

We waited for what seemed like eternity, until suddenly we could not hear anything at all.I was so scared.My brother crawled out from under the bed.He looked around and seeing nobody was there he helped pull me out from our hiding place.

He helped me up into his arms and he carried me down the stairs,very slowly,cautiously hoping for no more intrusions.
Suddenly we saw a figure moving in the hallway.The stranger moved out of the shadows.I gasped with relief.My courageous older sister had managed to hide herself from the intruders.

we embraced for what seemed like hours, until we heard 3 very distint bangs come from the porch.We stood frozen still.We all knew what that was.
We ran outside into the terrifying night only to find our poor mother lying on the porch steps limp,lifeless and with three bullet holes in her head.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!