War

I never really thought I would survive this, maybe at the beginning but definitely not now. Mother used to say it all the time she would say that we are innocent victims who don’t deserve to die, God won’t let us die. But she died. I sometimes wonder what it was like before, before the war. It does no good imaging such things it doesn’t change anything. I move with the crowds, not many buildings are left standing. Food is scarce I have not eaten for days. Every night I stay in the overcrowded bomb shelters praying that this war may end. Tonight we have heard whispers that the soviets have arrived, women, children even the men are crying pleading with God. The soviets were once our allies but now they are our enemies. I have heard of the things they have done in other places they have taken. I never really thought I would survive this, maybe at the beginning but definitely not now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!