Queen Of Hearts

If you had more then 1 heart would you be extra nice or would it be a way to have power over everyone? Think about it.

My name is Lily I am 13 and I love cards, and I guess that’s where my story starts. Dad came home from work and he had bought me a deck of cards, I remember that the jokers were my favourite. (I guess they liked me too because…)

If I wasn’t playing I usually would sort the cards and made it so I knew where all the jokers were. It was a Sunday morning and I was beating Dad at cards with all my jokers, and a while later Dad got sick of losing. I went back into my room. The thing was I noticed that 1 of my jokers was missing, and strangely after a while all of them had gone…

(2 years later) Happy birthday everyone yelled, I had just turned 15. I went to school that day and as normal I went around making fun of people talking back to teachers and of course threatening everyone who got in my way. I was the meanest most feared bully ever at my school.

… HHAAAA!! It was then I realized I had 5 HEARTS! You see I had been getting heartburn so I went to the doctor and now I know I have more then one heart. Suddenly it all came back to me, remember when I was 13 I told you I loved my jokers well they gave me their hearts. Oh, I just remembered I had made a deal with all the jokers and they want their hearts back quite soon. Oops maybe I’m overdue, ok well the main thing is to stay calm… That’s it! If I can convince them I loved them so much that I wanted to keep the hearts and not let them know I forgot about the deal. After 3 months every thing was normal and I had 1 heart. Ho, I almost forgot no one is scared of me anymore so now every one is happy but I don’t make deals from now on.


THE END
By Zoe Tomlinson ?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!