Daniel And The Delicious Drops

There once was a little boy named Daniel. Daniel, his mother and his father lived on a farm. They had cows, horses, goats and lots and lots of chickens.
Daniel’s father worked on the farm all day long feeding all the animals. But every week on a Friday, he would drive twenty kilometers to put his empty containers in the recycling depot. He had lots of empty feed containers, household containers and milk cartons from feeding all those animals every day. The recycling depot was just up the road from the famous lolly shop, Delicious Drops. Daniel was never allowed to go to the recycling depot and he was never allowed to go to the lolly shop.
“Sugar is bad for you” his mother always said.
“The recycling depot is not a place for little boys” his father always said.
One day at school Daniel’s teacher, Miss Taypot, told her class that they had to make up a project about the environment.
“It is due in next Friday!” she warned.
“Hey, Daniel” called Mike “What are you doing for your project” he asked.
“I think I’m going to do it on my dads twenty kilometer drive to the recycling depot, because my dad likes helping the environment.”
On the bus, everybody was talking about their project they had to do. They were very excited.
Daniel got home and found his father eating a lot of over sugared sweets.
“Dad why are you eating so many lollies? They are not good for your diet.”
Daniels mother came in and gave him his afternoon tea. He had fruit and biscuits and dip. The next day Daniel started on his project. First he started with the writing so he could get it over and done with. By the end of the day Daniel had finished it from top to bottom. Daniel and his mother and father had dinner and went straight to bed.
The next morning Daniel woke up to find that the project was no where to be seen. They checked in closets, drawers and even under beds.
“Dad, Mum, why is it always me that everything goes missing,” Daniel said still crying.
“Mummy, can you call Mike because I need some company.”
“Okay darling just be good, because I’m going to a meeting.”
So Daniels mum called Mike but he was busy.
“Sorry peach he’s busy, maybe another day okay.”
“Okay mother.”
So Daniel lay down and rested until his dad, who was jumping came in.
“You will never know what I just found out on the veranda” he shouted excitedly. “Your project!”
“I love you Dad” Daniel screeched.
So Daniel and his father went down to the Delicious Drop for a reward for doing all that work. They spent heaps and heaps of money and they ate lots and lots of LOLLIES!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!