Fantastic Footy Fever

Fantastic Footy Fever

Smash! goes the footy as John kicks off. A talented Sharks player catches it and then fumbles it because of the slippery, slimy, soggy surface. John gets the ball and runs like the wind to score for the Bears.

Then the unthinkable happens and Ben the Beast comes on for the Sharks. He is at least 2 metres tall and as strong as an ox. The Sharks kick off and George catches it and passes it to Fred. Fred runs but is then tripped by Ben and then pushed onto the ground as he tried to stand up. The ref immediately sent Ben off. John the picks up the ball but a Sharks player played rough and kicked John in the shin. John then picks the Sharks kid up and throws him to the ground. The ref sent him to the sin bin for 40mins. 20mins passed and no tries or points were scored so the Bears were through to the grand final against the Waratahs.

John was sure to miss half of the game which was just enough time for the Waratahs to score points. But the manager of the competition let him play the whole game because the Waratahs have won the competition 46 times in a row and he saw the chance that the Bears have a good chance to win because they have a really good team this year. John plays the final and the Bears win with John getting a golden field goal in extra time. This was the first time in 17 years that the Bears have won the footy competition.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!