I Love Her.

People were giving me strange stares and as ran through the crowd. I pushed passed so many people not meaning to be rude but I was in a hurry. I could feel my heart beating faster than ever like it was going one thousand times faster than it should. I finally made it. London private hospital. I bashed open the doors running past all the nurses and doctors. Everything was in a blur because the tears were welling up in my eyes. I couldn’t stop them. I ran up to the reception desk. “What room is Alyiah Rose Drakes in?” I screamed as I banged on the counter getting her attention. She just stared up at me blankly with a small smirk on her face. “What relation do you have with Mrs Drakes?” she asked slowly. I could feel the anger burning up inside me. “DOES IT EVEN MATTER? I NEED TO SEE HER!” I screamed. Her face was still in the annoying little smirk. “I’m sorry sir, but you can’t see Mrs Drakes if you’re not family. “I will burst into every single room disturbing many patients until I find her! Please let me see her.” I burst in to tears and fell on the floor cupping my hands over my face. “Right this way sir.” She said walking out of her office and down the corridor. I wasn’t going to waste any time. I shot up from my current position and wiped away the tears in my eyes. We finally got to Alyiah’s room. She opened the door quietly and put her finger over her mouth gesturing me to be quiet. As soon as I saw her I could feel a shot of pain splash into me. She was lying lifelessly on the hospital bed connected to so many tubes and wires. It was heartbreaking seeing her like this. I pulled over a chair at placed it softly beside her bed. I tilted my head up slowly to see a pale white girl with lifeless brown curls lying everywhere. I took her hand in mine. It was freezing. I could feel her heartbeat pumping through her body. It wasn’t right. And hour had passed of me watching her. I couldn’t help but cry, she is the only person I have in my life and now she was being taken away from me. My dad had left when I was just born leaving just me and my mum. When I was 15 she had died in a car crash on the way to work. I was stuck so I moved in with Alyiah. She was always there for me and now she was leaving me. I heard a faint whisper and I small squeeze on my fingers. “Louis, Thank you.” My head shot up and my eyes connected with hers. The colour had drained out of them; they weren’t bright and bubbly like they were before. “Alyiah please. Please don’t go. I need you” I said my voice fading at the last sentence. “ I have to. It’s my time now. I will always be with you, in here” You could tell she was using all she could to talk. She lifted her had to my heart and struggled to put a smile on her face. I know knew, this was the end. She can’t go. I love her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!