I Learnt My Lesson

It was Monday morning and all the kids in 2WS were in their classroom waiting for their teacher, Mr Smith to arrive. Several minutes past and no signs of the teacher were seen. Mr Smith was a short, old, grumpy man. He was always frowning. No one liked him but his students behaved well for him as they knew they would get into serious trouble. Mr Smith was never this late. The children were starting to get a bit suspicious. “Maybe he is spying on us,” Luke said while looking around. “Mr Smith would never do that,” exclaimed Holly, the teacher’s pet. Holly was always nice to Mr Smith but deep, deep down she hated him. “We should all go around the school and look for him,” Holly suggested. Right at that very second Luke yelled “HE’S COMING, QUICKLY PACK UP, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!” Then Luke ran to his seat and sat down. Tall back, hands in lap and mouth shut.
Mr Smith walked around the room. No one said a word. All you could hear were Mr Smith’s footsteps. “I guess you are all wondering why I was so late today, well yesterday I lent my car to a friend and he forgot to refill it with petrol so I got stuck. Luckily the petrol station was not very far.” He told the class, while getting his computer ready on his desk. “Like he has a friend,” hissed Luke to his best friend Joey. “Yeah, that would have been some good exercise too.” Joey hissed back to Luke. The two boys laughed.
The class froze as Mr Smith walked towards the two boys. Everyone watched as he reached their desks. “What is so funny that you need to disturb my class?” Mr Smith yelled in Luke’s face. “Why don’t you share it with the class,” he finished, now in Joey’s face. “We were just daydreaming Sir,” Luke said. Joey was shaking in his seat. “Yes we were just daydreaming and we are really sorry,” he said trying to sound polite. Mr Smith walked back to the front of the classroom to begin his class.
Finally it was home time. All the kids ran out the door. “Not so fast Luke and Joey,” Mr Smith called, as the two boys reached the door. You two of you aren’t getting off the hook that easily. He handed them a stack of about 100 sheets. “This is your homework for the night and if you do not hand it in tomorrow then you will have detention,” Mr Smith said as he walked back to his desk.
The next day the two boys handed in their homework. They were extremely tired. Getting no sleep the night before was definitely catching up with them.
The following day they were wide awake at school. They were still mad at their teacher. They made a plan to put bugs in Mr Smith’s coffee so he would get sick. That afternoon the boys collected the bugs. After Mr Smith explained their task, he took a sip of his coffee. About two minutes later he ran out of the room to the bathroom. The class was silent. All you could hear was, “BLAAAAAAAAAA!”
An hour and a half later Mr Smith came in the room and yelled “LUKE AND JOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” in his loudest voice.
From that day on the two boys never did anything like that again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!