McMillan Massacre Madness

England’s Angus McMillan has been accused for the murder of over 250 aboriginals in Gippsland, Victoria. It’s thought that he killed the aboriginals of the Kurnai tribe with a group of around 20 men.
The Kurnai tribe was decimated from the man slaughter of 90% of their people. It has been stated that Angus had rallied a group of men out of rage, after the aboriginals had herded the settler’s cattle into the bush. His first massacre was in 1840 when he took his men to the Kurnai tribe in the middle of the night and killed most of their people, which included men, women and young children. During the massacre some of his posse was killed by the aboriginals, who were only defending themselves from this horrific event. This all started when the English first came to Australia. They believed that they were entitled to take whatever they wanted which included water, food, land and even some of the aboriginal women.
George Dunder Dale quoted ‘It is absurd to blame the aborigines for killing sheep and cattle. You might as well say it is immoral for cats to catch mice. Hunting was their living, the land and every animal thereon was theirs... to seize their lands by force and to kill them was robbery and murder.’
In 1843 it is believed Donald Macalister (who was a close friend of McMillan) had offended an Aboriginal warrior of the Kurnai Tribe, who survived McMillan’s first massacre. It is believed that Macalister had thrown hot ashes at the warrior’s feet as a joke. The warrior was furious with this so he, along with some help from other tribesman, had killed him. The aboriginal warrior had confessed that he had got upset and physically challenged him but he isn’t confessing to the murder of Macalister.
McMillan was supposed to appear in court on the 1st of March, but being as cunning as he is, he has been in hiding since the court case was declared. The Aboriginals were furious because they wanted justice for him killing so many innocent lives in the massacres. However, justice has not been done and he is still out there and very dangerous.
The killings were a very tragic and horrific event. The overall tally of people killed were 250-300 people which included men, women and children. As a result of these past events there is more tension between the aboriginals and the settlers then there ever has been. MacMillan’s killing massacre went on for around 5 years.
The Aboriginals are slowly rebuilding up their tribes and will always remember their friends and family killed in theses horrendous events. They believe that the spirits of their people are still with them in the animals, plants and parts of the environment.
If anyone sees this man please report it to the authorities, making sure to stay a fair distance from him. He is a very dangerous man, especially to all Aboriginals.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!