Laura Ship's Treasure

One early morning Laura Ship was having breakfast when her mother came rushing in & said “We have to go right now, hurry up!” She soon got dressed and they headed off. “Where are we going mum?” asked Laura. “We’re going to inspect an old house as you know I work in the real estate business.”
When they got there Laura started looking. After awhile she found a rusty, old looking key. There were 3 doors, she tried 2 & had no luck but the 3rd door she had luck with &looked inside and saw a bottle & a chest. She looked in the bottle and saw a note and it said ‘To find the treasure you must find something you dig with’.
She ran to the shed and looked behind the shovel and found $2000 dollars. What was the leftover key for? She ran back to the room and unlocked the chest. Inside she found a letter saying ‘Thankyou for finding my treasure you may keep the money but keep it safe because it was my investment money. From Luis Tapper.’
She would keep the money safe. Laura thought that this house must have been an old miner's house long ago. Where would she keep the money & who would she tell? She didn't know.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!