Fantastic Four : A Fantastic Origin

Story by Dylan Kimber.

It all started when scientist Reed Richards took his most trusted friend Benjamin Grimm to a rocket test to discover cosmic rays hidden in space. Reed also brought his boss, Victor Von Doom, who failed to pay his employer, so he got fired. Ben, too, had visitors. He invited his other friend, Susan Storm who also worked for Victor and she had a love-interested brother named Jonathan “Johnny” Storm who got invited as well.

It was nearly time to start the launch. Susan, Johnny and Victor arrived to accompany Reed and Ben. Reed said to Ben, “Sorry, Ben, but something’s come up at the ship. I have to run some tests.” “Aww, come on, really? We’ve been waitin’ fur this an’ now you’re doin’ tests?” “I know, Ben. I’m sorry.”, Reed replied. Reed went to the ship anyway.

It was time to start the launch and Reed was still on the ship. Johnny yelled out impolitely, “Come on, Egghead! Open the hatch!” Susan suddenly said to Johnny, “Johnny, be polite to Reed. He’s the one who created this stuff.” “Right. Sorry, sis.”, Johnny replied. Victor then said, “You should listen to your wonderful sister, Jonathan.” Then Johnny yelled at Victor. “Okay, I get it!” Johnny looked at his angry sister. “Oh, double sorry, Susan.”

Then Reed let the hatch open. “Sorry for the hold-up, guys. Okay, you need to scan your hands to get though.” Susan went first. She put her hand on the scanner. It suddenly said, “Susan Storm’s permission to enter, accepted.” The door opened and Susan walked in. Then the door closed behind her. Ben was next to get in. He put his hand on the scanner. “Benjamin Grimm’s permission to enter, accepted.” The door opened and Johnny followed. The door closed. He put his hand on the scanner. “Jonathan Storm’s permission to enter, accepted.” You know what happened next, don’t you? Yep. The door opened. Then Victor was the last one to enter the ship. “Victor Von Doom’s permission to enter, accepted.”

Then everyone was inside and the countdown started. Reed created a computer named H.E.R.B.I.E to do the countdown. “10, 9, 8, 7…” Reed started speaking. “Everyone, close your eyes. Cosmic rays might be bad for your eyes.” Then he whispered, “Let’s hope this works.” H.E.R.B.I.E finished the countdown. “4, 3, 2, 1. BLAST OFF!”


Reed opened his eyes to see if there were any cosmic rays. There wasn’t. “Everyone, open your eyes. There’s nothing.” Ben opened his eyes and said, “Mmm, maybe he was wrong?” Johnny shrugged. Then Victor secretly whispered to Susan, “You know, considering Benjamin, Jonathan and Reed can’t hear us, will you marry me?” Susan froze for a moment. “Well, I…”

Susan was interrupted by Ben. “Holy cow!” He saw cosmic rays out a window. “So much fur bad fur yur eyes.” Everyone looked out a window. Then pretty soon, when the rays hit them, BLACKOUT!

To be continued.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!