Never Ending Adventure

I jumped up and down. I was really excited.
“Hey guys,” I could hardly talk of excitement. “I was thinking we should all go to South America for the weekend.”
Mike, Bryan, John, Anna, Sally, Alice, Lo and David were all enthusiastic about my idea. But then Sally said something that made me even more wanting to go to South America.
“But don’t you think it will be a bit dangerous way out there in the wild?”
“Yeah but we all like a bit of danger, don’t you think guys?” Everybody said yes except Sally.
“C’mon Sally girl, we’ll protect you, and we’re also going to bring weapons. At this Sally said yes, but of course we wouldn’t bring real weapons, probably toy ones, just for Sally’s sake.
The day came, and everybody was excited. We all boarded our boat. We all couldn’t stop smiling. Our dream was coming closer. The thought of seeing macaws and jaguars was like heaven. Our 1 month voyage had started. All the way we talked about our wonderful adventure that awaited us.
At last we reached South America. We all couldn’t believe our eyes. We finally made it! We were all super excited. Everybody started kissing the ground like a group of Jaguars hunting for prey!
Everything seemed magical. After all the kissing we started our long journey. 1 hour had passed and we still hadn’t seen anything. Then Sally said something that made a shiver run up my spine, “Where did we come from? Are we lost?”
Everybody had a horrified face. Panic was streaming through my body. I tried to stay calm. But Sally just made it worse. She started screaming at the top of her lungs. Everybody else did too. I just couldn’t stand it anymore. I also screamed. Then we heard big, heavy, footsteps. We all stopped screaming. Then we look up. Sally fainted.
It was a monster. It’s red eyes darted. The red scales were hard as rocks. It’s Spikes looked as pointy as a rhino’s horn. I searched for ideas, but the only thing that came to my mind is to run. My knees wobbled. I tried to run, but my feet were stuck to the ground.
Then my confidence rose. I started running. The others started running too. We all ran for our lives. But then we all got trapped. We stopped at the edge of the cliff. We only had 2 choices, jumping of the cliff or fight the monster and most likely die.
“What are we going to do?” wailed Sally.
“I don’t know” I wailed back.
“We need to think fast” Shouted John over the monsters loud roar.
The monster roared again. Everybody was steaming with fear. The monster was going to leap at us any second. Then I decided what we needed to do. I told everybody to hold hands. I told them that we were all going to have to die together. We all jumped off.
Then “THUD”. My head then went completely blank.
I was in hospital. I started to recognise everybody. They were all in my room. Then John spoke. “Thanks for the adventure, but I know now that I’m never going to put my life in danger again.” And he gave me a friendly punch in the arm.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!