Bad Luck!

It was the first day of school. Sophie’s Mam and Dad were at work so, she had to walk. Which Sophie hated because she wasn’t a morning person. When the journey was almost over, Sophie heard the bell ringing. She started to run unaware that the puddle right in front of her was actually very deep! Sophie’s shoes and socks were soaked extremely annoyed she walked to her first class. When she got there her teacher immediately told her to go to the front office and get a late note. Sophie signed and walked away. On her way to the office she passed some men painting a high wall and as she passed, a big blob of yellow paint dropped on her long curly golden hair. None of the men noticed so, Sophie now even more annoyed just walked on. The people in the front office were even more frustrating. They wanted so much detail on why she was late and one of them asked Sophie about what happened to her hair. But she pretended not to hear them and just walked out. Sophie returned to her first class and gave the note to the teacher. Everyone in the class stared at the yellow paint in her hair but Sophie just ignored them and looked for a seat. The only seat left was beside Conor! Sophie never wanted to be mean to Conor but he was the smelliest person, Sophie had ever met. Soon the teacher got mad and shouted at her “seat down”. As she sat down Conor said “Hello”. Sophie could barely stand the smell of his breath but managed to say “Hi”. Sophie’s next class was sport and even do it was the first day, the teacher made them climb the rope! As Sophie was climbing the rope it came loose and fell to the floor. Leaving Sophie on the floor in a bundle of rope, she felt like crying but held it in. When it was recess she ran to the toilet, hoping she could get the yellow paint out of her hair. But as she ran in, she slipped in a puddle of water. Only then did she notice the sign be hide the wall saying wet floor! The next few classes were awful. No matter what she did, she did wrong. Sophie got detention, extra homework anything you could think of. Finally it was home time and all Sophie could hear was ringing sound, like an alarm. Sophie’s eyes opened, it was the first day of school!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!