I Enter The World With A Thousand Smiling Faces.

I feel entrapped. I am in orbit in this cramped yet malleable encasement. I have no idea what is going on or why I exist here, but I can only continue believing that one day soon I will find an answer. Safe and warm, in this weary world. Arms and legs clenched in a foetal position. I am not kicking much now because there isn’t much room left. I can wriggle and squirm but the walls restrict me. Every now and then the inside of this yielding vessel closes up and gives me a hug. This has happened for as long as I can remember, but today the hugs are more often, tighter and lasting longer than usual.

It does not seem to break when I kick it. However, I can hear voices. Now and again, so soothing, they’re beckoning me. Every now and again I feel a sudden stab in the side of my back. “Ouch” I jab back into the gelatinous capsule of my surroundings.

I feel so diminutive and fragile, I do not know a lot yet. I am secure and safe here, nothing can hurt me. But I know one thing for certain. These voices. They make me happy. Maybe that is what I’m here for? I hear voices again, this time there starts to become a rumble, it shakes, it shakes my whole body. I feel the floor plummet from beneath me; I don’t know what’s happe ning. But life wants me to move on; I feel a sudden rush under my delicate body. Without any effort my body is lunged forward.

The hugs become even tighter, I wriggle myself into a different position to make myself more comfortable. I hear voices, again, they sound muffled, but during these “hugs” I can hear a different sound. One I haven’t heard before. The noises become a humming sound, like a swarm of bees shielding their hive. I wriggle my self down further; the hole on my head is stretching further open. The humming is getting louder. For once, I start to feel vulnerable and scared. I start to panic, the what used to be increasing small hole opens up, it enlarges to the size of my head. The humming begins to fade into a deeper noise, unfamiliar sounds beckon me.

Suddenly everything around me becomes compact, my head slides through the perforation and my head inclines backwards. My face begins to feel very dense, I close my eyes, my nose begins to press against the walls of the vessel.

I begin to hear a series of deafening sounds, it goes quiet, everything compresses against me again and the space above my head becomes even wider. This pain isn’t pleasant; I must escape from this torment. The encasement becomes tight again and this time the perforation opens up, my head slides through.

I can hear voices now, this time, there not muffled, there right beside me. The perforation is around my neck. I can feel air around my head. I haven’t felt that before.
I open my eyes to see what it is. I’m somewhere else. I can see a yellow glimmer of bright light. Everything seems blurry. An indistinct hand touches my head.
Then everything squeezes against my body and I slide out of the perforation. I suddenly start to scream and yell in agony and dismay.
The same warm and delicate hands scoop me up.

A warm feeling bottles up inside of me. The same warm feeling that I received in my past, but I am on the outside now. I enter the world, with a thousand smiling faces. Someone is holding me, she is magnificent, her face, practically perfect in everyway. Her enticing cerulean eyes glimpse at me, I can see that she is tired, but her gorgeous over beaming smile overshadows it. She kisses my face, which brings a tingle down my spine. She encloses me within her arms, I can smell her too, everything is quiet. She cuddles me, I feel safe. I am loved and I am in love.

“Congratulations on you new baby girl, Mrs Aurora.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!