Kidnapped

We were driving to our Aunt’s house for dinner when my whole life turned upside down. I was sitting at the back when rocks started pelting at the car. I could see two men with tattoos throwing them. My Dad tried his best to move out the way, when a rock comes straight to his face. He falls back. My Mum was also hurt. I tried my best to save them, but as I take my seat belt off I get knocked unconscious and that was all I remembered.

I woke up in the morning in an unusual looking room. I stumble up when I hear footsteps coming towards me.
“Hello there.’ Two men say
“Where am I?” I shot back.
“A magical place.” One of them smirks. I start walking back as they crept forward. They jump at me and grab my feet. I start screaming. They drag me into another room and chain me. I start yelling at them but all they do is laugh.

A week had passed and I was becoming skinny since I refused to eat anything they gave me, as I am unsure what they had put in. The men walk into my room.
“Hello.” One of them says. I try my best to ignore them.
“Fine ignore us!” They start to whisper something in each others ears. I t was hard to figure out what they were saying. They start to walk out of the room when they drop a knife, this could be my escape.

That night I waited till they fell asleep. I tried to move closer to the knife, but it was difficult since the chain was holding me back. I finally grab onto it and start cutting the metal. It was difficult but I was able to do it. I ran out of the door. As I was running I tripped over a table. CRASH!
“Oh, what have I done?”

I got up as quickly as I could. I heard the men moving around the house looking for me. I made it to the front door, opened it and slammed it behind. I sprinted down the street. As I was running I realised those were the men who pelted rocks at our car. That made me angrier and another reason to run away.

I run into the bush hoping they didn’t see me. I was so glad when I see the men run ahead. I lay back and sigh with relief. I shut my eyes, taking in all that just happened.

I woke up, in my bed. My Aunt opens the door and gives me some tea. She told me that the police had found me asleep in the bush. I didn’t really care how the police found me all I wanted to know is where my family was.
“Your family died.” Aunt Julie replied. I lay on my bed tired and sad. I have to start the next chapter of my life, one without my family.

By Pearl

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!