The Amazing Hat

Finalist in the 'Legendary 2012' competition

Once there was a Wizard who was looking through his Crystal Ball, he saw two young girls named Sophie and Claire.
He was interrupted by a knock on the door, which was weird for him because he lived in the middle of the ocean.
He opened the door and instantly he turned into a Toad, he looked up in fright and saw Witch Cag his arch enemy. He hopped over grabbed his wand and turned himself back and whizzed her away with one big whoosh. He knew that she was after the Amazing Hat.
He put a magical spell on it and sent it to the only place he knew it would be safe at Sophie’s house.
Claire and Sophie found a package at the front door Sophie read the card out loud it said, “Take good care but beware.”
The girls ran to the bedroom, opened the box and found the bright colored Amazing Hat inside. Sophie put on the hat but
Claire wanted to try it on first, they stared to argue and pull the hat between them ““oww” they heard someone yell. The girls were frightened when they realized the hat was moving, it suddenly had big eyes appear and blink at them they screamed in fear and hid under Sophie’s bed. They heard a Witches Eerie Cackle and all of a sudden A BIG GUST OF WIND FLICKED OPEN THE WINDOWS. Witch Cag flew in on her broomstick. “Give me the hat and you can have all you desire,” she croaked. The hat screamed, “NO DON’T LISEN TO HER!” “Why do you want the hat?” said Claire. “With that hat I will rule the magical world. Give me the hat now or I will turn you into Goblins.” she responded.
The girls ran out the door and in the forest, that’s were Sophie’s cubby was she had her horse next to the cubby her name was Chocchip . They ran into the cubby and hid.
Witch Cag followed then and yelled, “Come out and give me the hat!” Nothing happened…till BANG. THE WITCH WAS SCREAMING, the girls came running out shooting and the witch with Nerf guns. They jumped on Chocchip and rode with the witch flying behind them dodging the foam bullets. Up a head a Python slithered across the path, Chocchip froze with fright and ran the other way, meanwhile the witch hit a branch and Swung around till she flung back and landed in front of the python. The two girls went back to the Cubby, when they got off Chocchip she was sparkling, had wings and a horn. The hat said “To say thank you for saving me I have turned her into a beautiful unicorn.”
The Wizard appeared in a cloud of glitter and smoke He smiled and said, “Thank you for taking care of the Amazing Hat." Everyone was happy but as for that Witch Cag no one has seen her since.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!