I Hate Mr. Prong!

Why do we get dumped on with a year’s worth of homework that our english teacher Mr.Prong set that’s all due tomorrow? I can’t see how I’ll get it all done. Well at least I’m in a better position than Sarah. She went on a holiday and never came back. I sat down and turned on the TV. There was News, Barbie and animal kingdom. I decided to watch animal kingdom.
I ran up to the TV. I thought I saw Sarah on a giraffe. The TV zoomed in on the giraffe and there was Sarah. I placed my hands on the screen. As soon as my fingers touched it my vision went blurry then black…
“Stacey!” I woke with a start.
“Finally you’re awake”
I opened my eyes to see a girl with wild, black hair and green eyes.
“Sarah, Is that you?” I asked
“Yes, it’s me”
“Where are we?”
“In the TV” she explained
I looked around, I was on a giraffe
“H-h-h-ow?” I stammered.
“Calm down” I mumbled to myself.
I took a deep breath.
“How did you get here” I asked
“I put my head on the TV because Mr Prong mailed me homework when I was on holidays then my vision went blurry then black and I woke up on a news table.” She explained.
I explained how I got sucked into the TV.
“Don’t you think it’s strange that Mr prong had given us homework so we turned on the TV than we got sucked into it? I think Mr Prong is behind this.” I concluded
“Don’t worry, I already know how to get out I just can’t do it.”
“I don’t understand”
The scene changed around us. It was now the credits.
“Here” Sarah passed me a sheet of paper.
I read it. It was a riddle. This is what it said:
Return this paper to Mr Prong then he will send you back home. To complete this paper you must rewrite this riddle so the message is clear: You hold onto white when the black is back you escape if you are 1 of 2 travellers but you think it’s a dream when you wake up.
“Do you understand” Sarah asked.
“Yes, I understand the riddle. It means, during the credits two people have to hold onto the writing then as the writing moves it will take you home then when you get home you think the whole experience was a dream! Were you writing that down?”I asked.
I turned around. Yep she was writing it down.
“Hang onto the first word you see.”
I grabbed hold of any word and once I reached the top I found myself in a kingdom staring face to face with Mr. Prong who was sitting on a throne. Sarah handed him the worksheet then I realised what happened we did what was said in the riddle Mr Prong touched me than I found myself lying on the couch with complete homework on my lap. It must have been a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!