A Curious Victim

The last thing i remembered was a bright light blinding me as i waited in suspense for it to approach. I tried to escape but it was all too late. I opened my eyes to discover that i was surrounded by an obscure darkness. I began to panic. Where was i? How did i get here? I tried to stand up but as soon as i tried to pressure on my right leg, immense pain shot down from my hips causing me to collapse. Hoping it was all just a dream; i curled up amongst the tall grass, closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke to feel a cool, yet refreshing morning breeze. I sat up in attempt to work out where i was. I seemed to be sitting in an unembellished paddock which was surrounded by very few trees. As i looked to the left i saw a rough dirt road of which i had never seen before. It occured to that the only way that i could get out of here was by the remote chance of waving down a passing car. I doubtfully say, hoping for the best; yet expecting the worst. When the sun began to set i was almost certain that i had no chance. My eyes filled with tears while i laid my head down into the dirt and began to cry. Although i felt like i had no chance i wasn't ready to give up! I started dragging myself along the side of the road, the pain was excrutiating. I began to feel weaker and weaker the further i went on...

I slowly opened my eyes, confused and frustrated. I was yet again to wake up unaware of where i was or how i got there. I felt so weak, i closed my eyes with no energy to move. I seemed to be laying on a rather comfortable bed with a pillow beneath my head. The upmost source of my confusion was the constant humming sound that seemed to be surrounding me. When i heard murmurs coming from people nearby, it occured to me that i was lying in the back of an ambulance. A blitz of relief and exitement rushed through me. I was now safe and certain that everything was going to be okay!

My father was waiting for me when i arrived at the hospital; it was satisfying to know that he truly cared. Once i settled down in the hospital, i was hoping to find answers to all of my confusion. I asked Dad how i got to the abandoned paddock; he told me that two days ago i went for a joy in the late afternoon and never came home. He didn't wprry about it though because he just assumed i was going to stay at my sisters for the night. The doctors were able to confirm the reason for my broken leg. I had been hit by a car. Inside my head everything began to link together. I must have been running along the road towards my sisters house when a car must have not seen me through the darkness and hit me, and kept on driving. ZBut why cant i remember?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!