I Could Feel It . . . !

It was a cold winter’s night and the smell of fresh boiling stew, filled the small cottage. Fez’s dinner was being stirred in the big round pot that his loyal mum kept in the special cabinet underneath the burning fireplace.

Fez knew it was time for the wondrous dinner then off to his warm cosy bed, but he could feel something making him quiver with fear. It brought him closer and closer to the dark outside. Motionless, Fez froze, gawking at the strange tunnel. But where did it lead?

He started making his way down the rocky stairs, HWWRR. He froze what was that? What was making that noise? He continued cautiously, then arrived at a dead–end. Crack! Fez hit his head on something hanging from the ceiling of the tunnel.

He looked up and pulled the thick latch. A ladder slowly rose from the ground. It wobbled as he hauled himself upwards, though right then and there he remembered his sad, lonely family . . .

“It’s a school day honey, wake up!” His mum yelled.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!