War

Bullets fly then soldiers catch them I was once told, my mother protects me from frightful events, she says I don’t need to be aware of human kind in that sort of way. I need to know I have to see for myself so I can understand or else I will continue to wonder and think, then I hear in fear my mother cry late at night. Our lives changed the three of us mamma, papa and myself, papa left by force, I know its war I overheard I have to follow except it’s a shame I can’t because mother watches deeply like a hawk. Another day came to an end, I go to bed without a beg to stay late up I have to much on my mind. Once I’m snug I close my eyes and hear a thump I jump, I can hear unknown voices it must be foreign I’m now building up a scream and cry the sound of those voices they weren’t pleasant. I was scared yet curious to know so I gathered up all my courage and silently went down the stairs, what I saw wasn’t nice nor to my liking. Three men gathering around the room now all eye upon me, I then was given a seat and was tied to a chair without a fuss, I just stared in confusion. The three men gave a wave and headed out the door, dragging my mother along. She was pale and bruised she then looked up at me then said “war is beginning my love stay strong this is war” and her heart was dead, my scream was let out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!