A Brother In Distress

It was a lovely day in Douton Street but there was only one problem - two boys were already fighting over a video game. “I found it first so it’s mine,” Andy screamed. “You didn’t find it, I left it at your house last Monday!” Yelled Jeremy. “Both of you, cut it out! You are acting like three year olds! Jeremy found it at Rebecca’s house and Rebecca let him keep it. After that he came over to your house and left it there so now Andy you should give it back to him,” exclaimed Rebecca’s Dad. “Bony…” then Sandia (Andy’s mum) called Jeremy and Andy in the house for a snack. That’s when it all went wrong.
“You stupid dog snot,” started Andy. “Well you’re the one that actually touched it so it goes right back to you,” remarked Jeremy. “How dare you talk about that again, you promised you wouldn’t!” “Yeah and you promised to give me the video game back, didn’t you! “No!’’ Yelled Jeremy. “Oh well, sorry, but I am not the one that drowned in a 50 centimetre pool,” said Andy. “Ummm...” muttered Jeremy.
“I forgot my lines,” said Jeremy. “CUT,” yelled the producer, John. “I thought I told you to practice your lines, the movie is next week.” “Ok, so now all of you go back home and have some rest and Jeremy will practice his lines,” said John.
“Hey bro,” said Jeremy. “You want to play some basketball?” “Yeah sure,” replied Andy. “No, you have to go practice your lines. I got a message from John,” said his mum. “Yes I will later on, I promise,” replied Jeremy. So he played and played until it got late. He forgot all about his lines.
“Did you practice?” Asked John in a hopeful voice. “Ummmmm,” replied Jeremy, “Yes, yes I did.” “Okay then, let’s start from when we finished.”
“Oh well, sorry, but I am not the one that drowned in a 50cm pool” replied Andy. “Ummmm I need to go to the toilet,” said Jeremy. He tried to think. He put his hand in his pocket when a great idea suddenly hit him.....his mobile phone! It was in his pocket the whole time. He took the phone out and wrote ‘Hey Leo go to my room and…’ then all of a sudden his phone rang. “Jeremy you left your lines at home, I will come and give it to you, just come and wait outside. Bye.” Okay, now that was weird but I have to admit she is a life saver anyway there is no time for this, I have to go get those papers. “Knock, knock, knock,” I opened the door to see who it was it was, it was director John. “Hurry, your mum is waiting.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!