Calling

Chapter one
I don’t like the way the air feels against my skin, like knives laying their sharp ends on me and I can’t get away from them. I can smell the scent of every person who lives in this building; I can hear every word, every sound, and every footstep they make. Many people don’t know why they exist. They believe their purpose is to just live life, and take one journey at a time. But I know why I am here.
About a month ago I was living a normal life. I went to school, lived with my family; I was care-free, until the day that they came, until the day that it came and destroyed everything. I was upstairs in my room asleep. I didn’t notice the smell of fire, how could I, I wasn’t even conscious. All I remember is waking up to the sound of my sisters and my parents screaming. I couldn’t move from my neck down.
I turned my head to look out my door, what I saw was something nobody with a soul should ever have to see. The house was on fire. But this wasn’t a normal fire; it was like something was controlling it, telling it where to go, who to burn first. I tried to get up, I needed to go and help the people I love. But it was no use, I couldn’t move an inch. I had to get up, my families screams were digging into my soul. They were piercing my heart; I was trying to struggle as hard as I could, but to no success. Just as I turned my head back to my door, it happened, I saw them. They weren’t human or animal. They looked like something you would expect in a horror movie. They looked like their faces were disfigured; they had big round (moon-like) yellow eyes, with small black dots for pupils. They were bold except for the two short horns on their heads just above their small pointing ears. They had wings tucked against their backs; their greyish-brown skin looked like it had been dragged around in a harsh desert for a long time.
Suddenly there was a feeling of dread that seemed to be surging through my body. One of them was staring at me. Its eyes were filled with evil, pure- uncorrupted evil.
A feeling of fear came over me. I don’t know how I didn’t have a heart attack right then and there.
It started walking towards my room. My heart was pounding against my chest so hard I thought it was going to burst. With every step it took towards me, I felt weaker, more lifeless.
Just as it reached my room,
I blacked out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!