Vampire Valley

VAMPIRE VALLEY
By Abigail. K. Moore

I ran through the forest as fast as I could, I breathed heavily and sweat ran down my face. I kept on running and soon I ended up in the middle of a vast valley, the valley was like a huge park, a clearing in the centre and trees made a fence. As I looked around the valley a black floating object hovered around the edge of the valley. Soon more and more of the black objects appeared from the edges of the valley, floating between the trees and out of the sky. I stood in the centre of the valley, watching the objects, at least twenty-five of them. They were swirling black clouds, then all of a sudden the clouds took the form of a bull and then they took the form of a bat. They flapped around the valley in a parading manor. Immediately the bats burst into pale-faced creatures, black hair, red lips and gleaming white fangs suddenly decorated the face of a creature’s head then below that a long black cloak that ended in swirling black clouds hovering above the grass that was covered in dew.
“Vampires” I whispered to myself.
That word seemed to queue the vampires to attack, just they didn’t come to me, they attacked each other screaming as they dug their fangs into other’s skin, killing off each other so that one vampire would fill their dark selves with my blood. Clouds of dust exploded into the air around me, in a few minutes the dew on the grass had been turned to mud from the dust that was the remainders of twenty-three vampires. Two vampires and one fifteen year old boy were left in the valley. The two vampires that were left slammed against each other, biting at each other’s necks, a writhing ball of black cloud. One vampire transformed into a huge black tiger and lunged at the other vampire, grabbing it around the neck and snapping it bones in its own ferocious jaws. The second vampire exploded into a cloud of dust. The tiger rested for a moment, then its yellow eyes fell upon me. The tiger rushed forward, it’s legs covering more and more ground, and it’s shoulders braced for an impact. Then the creature’s skull collided with my chest, slamming me into a tree, the breath had been knocked out of me. I gasped and fell to the ground in a heap. There was the vampire standing in front of me, I watched as its fangs reached towards my neck and I felt a surging, pain run through my body as the vampire’s fangs penetrated my skin. My eyes travelled to the ground and fell upon a sharp stick. With my last burst of energy I reached out to the stick and plunged it into the vampire’s dark heart. As I left the valley I spotted a signpost that read Vampire Valley then the words were replaced by Wild Flower Valley.
Abigail Moore
Age 12
Po box 86 2671
Year 7
West Wyalong High School

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!