Bad Dream

I wiggle my toes. They imprint the luscious green grass beneath my feet. Brightly  coloured wildflowers of reds, yellows and purples brush against my legs as I pass them. A sweetly singing  bird family is perched up in an tall, scared oak tree that touches the sky. Their blue spotted wings are brushed back neatly. They fall silent as I gaze up at them. I continue skipping as tres decorated with soft green leaves rustle gently in the warm breeze. I feel like I'm dreaming. I look up and smell rain. The sky has turned a shade of blueish grey. Clouds are rolling in like dark grey curtains blocking out the sun. Thunder bellows and I feel the earth shake beneath my feet. A flash of lightning shoots across the sky like a comet. I have a sense of being watched. Bushes rustle violently. I want to wake from this nightmare. I frantically turn around looking for a way out. I can't find one. I try to wake myself up. I pinch myself hard....

I'm sitting in my classroom. The whole class is laughing at me. I suddenly notice a big pink detention slip in my hand.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!