Walking In A Rainbow

It was the 5th of March and a girl named Sabrina was going to have the best birthday ever.

“Morning” shouted Sabrina and she ran down the stairs. Today she was turning 14, and it was going to be the best 14th birthday of the year. “Here you do hun” said her mother when she handed her a special birthday breakfast.

It came to the afternoon and Sabrina had just finished school, when she walked home, went through the door to find herself in the dark. Then suddenly her parents jumped out, switched the light on and they had a bright colourful cake that wrote, ‘Happy 14th Birthday Sabrina. “Make a wish” whispered her mum, and Sabrina blew out her candles.

The next morning Sabrina woke up with a dizzy mind. She looked around her room, and everything, and I no I mean everything, was in bright colours, blues, greens, pink, purple, orange and yellow, all the colours of the rainbow. She ran down the colourful stairs to find herself floating in the colour red, literally! She walked outside to see herself on the yellow street and some little people came up to her and said” follow the yellow brick street” “ follow the yellow brick street” “ follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick street” and after she reached the mountains Sabrina started walking up the orange mountains. When she reached the top it started to snow and the floor underneath her started to change colour the snow was pink then suddenly she saw an icicle hanging from a tree and the slightest ray of sunlight caught the tip and made a rainbow that crossed the sky. She stopped for a second and thought’ no it couldn’t be possible” But all morning she had been in a colourful world so it would of made scene if she walked on a rainbow, she took one step and…… she was walking in a rainbow. She passed the green field of sunflowers where she met a purple deer that was eating at some grass. She slowly walked up to the deer and touched its ear. It looked up at Sabrina and moved her hand to its back with its nose. Sabrina had an idea that it wanted her to get on its back, so she did. The deer went back up the rainbow and ended back on the pink snow. Sabrina looked behind her to see that the icicle had melted and the rainbow was gone, she look back down at the deer and it was its normal colour again, the icicle had melted and all the colours had disappeared. So Sabrina got off the deer and walked home and she followed grey brick road until she met a little dwarf she stoped and the dwarf stopped and stared at Sabrina, then walked away. Sabrina felt sad hat all the colours faded and she reached the front step of her house, opened the door, walked up the normal coloured stairs, went to her room, and shut the door.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!