Teddies Are For Babies

At Sam’s school every one had a teddy bear, everyone except Sam.
“Can I please have a teddy bear, please please please” Sam asked his mum for the eight time one day,
“No you can’t” said his mum tiredly “why don’t you buy one with your pocket money” said his mum.
Sam thought about this then questioned “I only have 8 dollars, is that enough”.
“No, why don’t you earn the money” his mum suggested.
“What does ‘earn’ mean” said Sam puzzled.
His mum sighed then said “it’s when you do something to get something”.
“Ok” said Sam happily. His mum smiled as well looking much reviled.
On Saturday Sam did lots of jobs for lots of people.
Dear old Mrs. Tearose needed her lawn mowed, Mrs. Primtuna needed her dishes washed, Mr. Charlie wanted his shed dusted and his mum needed help with dinner.
By the end of the week Sam had a total of $34. He and his mum went to the store and bought a nice, big fluffy teddy bear. Sam couldn’t wait to show his friends.
On Monday Sam went to school very excited. At lunch time Sam showed his friends his new teddy bear, but they just laughed and said teddy bears are for babies. We like helicopters now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!