Facing The Unexpected

Facing The Unexpected

All I could hear was the thrashing sound of the water crushing against my yacht, making it swing from side to side. I woke up. I felt unsafe. I had to fix something. The sails. I ran from my little dark, damp room, to fix those screaming sails. Everything was so dark. ‘BOOM!’ I fell. What was that I thought? I started to panic. I scrambled to check the top of the other sails. I climbed up like a monkey. I “Used my skills”, my friends used to say. But it wasn’t time for memories like this. I have to fix this problem, otherwise I won’t last a night. So I pulled hard on the loose strings hanging free from the sails. I had to balance this. Be brave ‘V’, you’ve trained for this, I kept thinking.

After I settled down the sails, I jogged down to the control area. I saw that the steering wheel was out of control. Something is wrong. I retreated my torch and my coat from my room and ran back to the steering wheel. I grabbed a small pole to hold the wheel in place. “Oh my god” I sighed and wiped a drop of sweat running down my forehead. “CAAAAA…”something screamed. “Who’s there?” I screamed feeling terrified. “What do you want?” I shouted. Someone was laughing. A strange man’s voice “Violet” I heard him say. “Who are you? Reveal yourself” I ordered with frustration. ‘BOOM!’ my yacht bumped again. I fell. I needed to transform now! “Release” I screamed in Angelica.

My wings thrashed open releasing their outmost beauty. “Where are you? Reveal yourself if you dare!” I ordered again. Nobody is escaping me. I’m going to catch who did this! “Ha-ha. Showing off your little wings won’t protect your pretty self.” The voice came again. I burst a light beam, and there he was. A black wing. Floating in between those dark mystic clouds. “I see you. And I’m much stronger than I look. Try me” I replied with a remark. “Ah-ha. I see”. Who is this mysterious man? And what does he want from me? I extended my pure white, beautiful wings and flew up to face him. I waited. And waited. “I don’t have time for your childish games Violet. But just remember I will be back.” He said after awkward silence. “Wait! Who are you and what do you want?” I called after him, but I was too late. He disappeared leaving me with a mouthful of unanswered questions.

A few days passed without any interference from the mysterious black wing. I still wonder what he wanted. I was returning home now. Just a day away.

That night I sat on the edge of my yacht and watched the beautiful, shinning and somehow magical moon. It feels like I’m standing right in front of it, that you can just reach out and you will have it in your hands. ‘BOOM’. That sudden sound had returned.

I knew it was time. Thunder crashed and lightning bolted across the sky. He had returned as promised. The black wing was floating in mid-air, with his wings extended out, away from him, under the dark mystic clouds.

 

No matter what happens.                                                                                                                        I am prepared for this battle.                                                                                                                   I extended my wings.                                                                                                                              And took off.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!