I Love You Like A Sister!

I woke up this morning to the sun beaming in my eyes and to my parents singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to me. Today… is my sweet 16th.

I can’t count how many times I’ve asked my parents for a plasma. The other day I even saw them carry in a big box with ribbon wrapped around!

I almost invited the whole of my year to the party. Although many people asked if Jaimie was coming and when I said ‘yes’ most said that they couldn’t make it. I didn’t mind though, Jaimie is my best friend! To be honest… he’s gay. He’s only told me, but I think it’s kind of obvious.

All of the guests are here now except Jaimie, which is worrying me, but I decide to open my presents. I open card after card, present after present, I’ve received over $450 and a new iPhone! Now it’s time to open the final present, my plasma!

As I start to pull the ribbon everyone went quiet, I pull the tape off and Jaimie jumps out! For a split second I’m kind of annoyed that it’s not a plasma but then I feel this pull to my arm and I swear it’s going to rip off.

I get yanked out of the doorway, pushed into Jaimie’s car, and the fist thing that comes out of his mouth isn’t ‘Happy Birthday’ it’s ‘DON’T…MOVE!’ Not only am I annoyed but I’m scared too! I’ve never seen him so angry… ever!

He starts to mumble something but I can’t hear him over the throbbing in my ears. I ask him to slow down but he speeds up. I also can’t see much, but I think we are headed for the cliff!

Tears are rolling down my face as we come to a stop. I don’t know what he is going to do, but I know something’s wrong! He gets out of the car slamming the door behind himself, walks over to my side, opens my door, reaches out to my hand and helps me out of the car.

He says he loves me and will take care of me wherever he goes. He walks up to the edge, he looks at me and takes a step, but I cant watch. In my head, I see this image from the other day, it’s Jaimie getting bashed in the lockers again and…. I’m just standing there! I look back, feeling guilty, my hair blowing in my face, but I can’t see him… anywhere!

I yell out, but there’s just an echo… no reply. My tears build up again as I start running around looking. I look in the car and tell him that it’s not funny. I search in the cave and see nothing. I’m screaming at the top of my lungs but I can’t even think straight. I drop to my knees and lie there, wailing. I don’t know what to do, my tears are uncontrollable and I step up to the cliff myself!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!