Kelly's Adventure

One day, Kelly was walking along in the park when she saw something gold and shiny in the sand pit. “What’s that?” she thought to herself. Kelly ran over, picked it up and took it straight home. Then she realised that it was a magic lamp, so she rubbed it and got her three wishes. Kelly first wished for her own computer. Next she wished for a pony. Her final wish was to have her own genie, but Kelly forgot to say what type of genie she wanted, so she got an evil one.

“Hello.” said the genie. “My name is Mikey. I was asked to be your genie. What would you like to wish for?” Kelly thought about it for a minute, and then said, “I would like to go back to when the dinosaurs roamed the earth.” “Very well.” said Mikey, with an evil glare in his eye. Mikey sent Kelly back in time to when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. “Cool!” thought Kelly. She said it so loud that it attracted some unwanted attention. A T-Rex turned around and charged straight for Kelly. “Mikey, get me out of here!” screamed Kelly. Mikey yelled back, “NO! This is quite amusing!” She heard the evil laugh of Mikey. He was her only hope of escaping the T-Rex and getting home.

Then Kelly remembered the book she had just finished reading. It was about a group of boys that were sent back in time, just like her. The boys went on an adventure to find the golden time traveler in a tomb, but she had forgotten where the tomb was! When they ran into a T-Rex, they dived into the watering hole. So that’s exactly what Kelly did. She sprinted to the watering hole, dived in and swam. It took some time before the T-Rex left her, but as soon as it walked away, she jumped out of the freezing cold water.

Kelly found a tomb near the watering hole and saw something gold. She went to investigate and saw the Golden Time Traveller. Kelly jumped in and as quick as a flash, she was safe and sound in her own room. Home at last! Kelly grabbed the lamp and ran down to the park. She threw the lamp hard into the river where she thought nothing else would go wrong. Kelly started walking home when a colourful light came out of the river…….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!