C-13

C-13
Far from the greenhouse gases of earth lay C-13. Its architecture was amazing and was easily complimented by the silvery landscape. Inside the main building, the CEO talked calmly.
“Our products are losing to the new Japanese vehicles.” said the CEO calmly. “We have to find out what makes them such a hit.”
It was Xavia they chose to go. Her skill and manoeuvrability were unmatched and for that reason they chose her.
Xavia glanced at the shiny shuttle in front of her. She had never seen anything like it. Sleek and shiny the X17 pod was the latest of them all, matching Mach 5 speed. Xavia huddled into the tight aerodynamic body of the X17, and strapped herself into the bucket seats.
She landed on Earth in a bang and got out of the pod.
Xavia began reporting hastily, undisturbed on her laptop. Xavia’s progress soon halted when the calm atmosphere was disturbed by a throaty growl; comparable to a low flying chopper. Peering through the dented Venetian blinds, Xavia made a quick observation of the approaching machine. It was enemy gear, a Japanese pod packed with whale guns of technology. It was the pod that had followed her here.
Studying the house’s floor plan on her digital watch, Xavia dashed to the garage, desperate to survive. She knew how close the sales were and how much it mattered that she was not caught. Xavia grabbed a nearby racing helmet, wore it with haste, and strapped herself into the go-kart. She had no time to waste, for she had no time, she had to escape now.
The garage door slid open, as slow as a snail and Xavia revved the engine and took off onto the road. The unbearable roar of the Walmartian pod was vivid in her ears as she approached the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Traffic was approaching but that would not stop Xavia. She simply aimed her disintegration beams at cars that were in her way and turned them into water.
Xavia was losing hope and of course distance to the Walmartian pod. She had only a few litres of fuel left before she would have to call the NRMA. Being an intelligent alien, Xavia turned right immediately, into the car park that was spread out in front of her and drove quickly over the speed hump.
Xavia weaved her way through the multi-million dollar car park. She abandoned her go-kart and dashed towards the car dealer. She looked into the Toyota dealer. Xavia grabbed a brochure and took one look. The design was amazing, she thought. She took a test drive in one and noticed their refinement. “They have amazing reliability.” said the dealer.
Reporting hastily, Xavia told everything about them that she had observed.
Nowadays, people complain about how mundane car design is getting and how the Japanese designs are getting copied. When one day, vehicles from C-13 are an improvement over Japanese vehicles, you can compliment Xavia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!