The Saving Disaster!

Excellence Award in the 'Legendary 2012' competition

‘OWWW...” a moan began. Samantha spun around with fear. The closer she went to the moan the louder it got. Then again it came....
“OWWW...” this time Samantha dared not to blink. She froze. Her body like an ice-burg. Samantha promised herself not to make the slightest noise. Her face was purple as a plum. Samantha waited patiently as the wind rustled her chestnut hair. Her eyes squinted through the brightness of the white land when suddenly
“OWW....” galloping feet hurdled towards her. Her sparkling blue eyes widened as her jaw dropped! The soft fur, pointy claws and thumping feet travelled towards Samantha as she screamed with fear!
“AHHHHH....” the shriek echoed. This turned out to be the worst mistake of her life. As the rushing animals trampled over her, black misty fog covered the sky. The frozen land beneath her began to boil and turn fire truck red. She gazed at the pale horizon when the most horrible thing ever had happened. Samantha’s echo rushed back, exploding into the most dangerous disaster in history. The land shivered and cracked into tiny pieces. Samantha sat shocked on a piece of melting ice not understanding what was going on!
‘BOOM’ went a gust of air, as wind pushed down on Samantha. Salty water poured from her eyes as she lay up in the sky. All the animals gasped in dismay! Ahead of them was a hot, burning orange fire. A monstrous, angry, exploding volcano! Baby animals cried and wailed watching Samantha suffer on a piece of ice being held by smouldering orange flames. The father of the animals, the mighty yeti, could not bear this sight! He had to do something, FAST! Not worrying that he could die, the yeti grabbed the longest and strongest stick. He gave himself some room to run, scraped the ice beneath him and then....
HE RAN AS FAST AS THE WIND! STABBED THE STICK INTO THE FLOOR AND THEN PLUNGED HIMSELF CROSS THE SKY...
HE FELL UPON THE ICE SAMANTHA WAS ON, HELD HER TIGHTLY AND WITH ONE BIG PUSH, HE FLUNG SAMANTHA OFF THE ICE AND RESCUED HER JUST IN TIME! Samantha crashed landed on the floor beneath her but she did not care! She was so thankful to the yeti! All the animals cheered and clapped deafeningly at the brave and confident yeti! The yeti smiled with happiness. He was just about to jump off when suddenly....
THE PIECE OF ICE THE YETI WAS STANDING ON MELTED AWAY TO DUST, THE YETI DROPPED DEAD SILENT AND A YELP WAS ONLY TO BE HEARD. THE ANIMALS CRIED WITH HORROR, NOTHING CAME
FROM A SHOCKED SAMANTHA! FROM THAT DAY ON SAMANTHA CAME TO VIST THE MOUNTAIN EVERY NOW AND THEN. SHE CARED FOR THAT FATHERS CHILDREN AND PRAYED HE WOULD COME BACK AGAIN!
THAT NIGHT AS SAMANTA WAS GOING HOME THE DEAD YETI’S FIGURE APPERED THE MISTY FOG

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!