Harry's Run Away

A dinosaur went to school. His name was Harry.
He didn’t know how to do maths or writing .When his friends got the spelling words right Harry got jealous. He got so nervous that he ran away from school. His friends wanted him to come back to school but Harry did not want to go to school any more.
Harry’s friends gave up on running so they went back to the classroom to do their work.
But Harry did not know that his friends had gone away so he kept on running. Next he saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex chasing him, so he hid behind a tree. The Tyrannosaurus Rex didn’t see him and just kept running. After a while Harry got tired and he fell asleep.
Mum found him and said: “Why were you running? You will waste all your energy, so come home for dinner.” “Ok” said Harry. “I made your favorite food-fern pie!” Harry’s mum said. “Yum” said Harry “I’d love that!” “So come home” said his Mum. “I will, I will” said Harry. “Oh, I love you Harry.” “I really want that fern pie and what is for dessert?” “Leaf pudding” said Mum. “I love that too.” So he did. He went home for dinner but then when he ate dinner it made him so hyperactive that he laughed and laughed. He laughed so much that he zoomed back to school.
At play time he was playing in the sandpit but the sand wasn’t normal sand, it was magic dust and it turned him into a dragon. He flew to the dragon’s world and made some friends. His friends were nice. He asked them a question. “How can you breathe fire? I can’t!” “We were born as dragons” said the dragons. “Well I was a dinosaur that turned into a dragon with magic dust in the sand pit” said Harry. “That’s funny, we did that too except the dust changed our colour.” “So what class are you in?” “Prep, of course, the same as you!”
The next day Harry had to say good bye because he got a phone call from his mum. She said “You must come home!” Once he got home, he would be a dinosaur again. He went home; he saw his mum and he raced up to her. “I missed you so much!” she said “I could not sleep last night because I was crying.” “I missed you too!” said Harry. And they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!