Dark Depths

He heard the arrow before he saw it, and he had only just thumped to the ground as the poisonous arrow whizzed over his head. Rein was astounded. How was he supposed to know that the hunt for his origins would be so dangerous? The masked ones, an ancient voodoo cult, had been pursuing him for months. As he staggered over the rough terrain he knew he had lost them.
That’s when he realised he had reached his destination. Panting, he entered the temple of the ancient God of the Soul, Rhadu. As he entered, a thick smog of vile black liquid entered his mouth and nose, and he passed out and tumbled to the mossy, stone floor.
When he woke, he saw that he was at the feet of a colossal golden knight and he quickly stuttered backwards.” You are strong in mind and heart young Rein,” boomed the knight,” The corruption did not succeed in killing you. You may enter the tomb of Rhadu,” Ah-Okay?,” stuttered Rein,” how do you know my name?” As Rein walked into the tomb, the knight replied,” I was very good friends with your parents.” Rein was about to ask how, when the huge iron door that lead into the tomb shut. He heard a scratching and he felt himself fall to the ground unconscious. The lost souls had captured him and were going to sacrifice him to Rhadu so they could be free.
As he fell the last belongings of his parents that he had found, a photograph of his parents at their wedding and their vault keys dropped out of his pocket, through the metal grate that was the floor and were destroyed in the fiery depths of Rhadu’s forge and e said one word “No” before he passed out and the lost souls started to slide him along the mossy floor to Rhadu’s throne.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!