A Beggar And A Lost Hope

I watched him. In all my years I had never seen something so wonderful come into my life. My clothes became his, and my security went as high as the sun. He grew strong, yet so delicate. Like a tree, old but beautiful. Everything changed on that day. That day when he came into my life. He became my new hope.

I had awoken one morning, with the east sun warming up my face. Through all the rattling trains and the early workers, a small and adorable sound came to my attention. Wrapped in a small,blue blanket that only covered his stomach and bare chest, was a young boy. Someone had given my the responsibility of bringing up a boy. On my own. I was in poverty, on the streets living in a cold-hearted world. Out of all the people, this person had chosen me...

His birthday is today. This very day, I'd found him 10 years ago. I woke early morning to find some food in a trash bin, only to find a half eaten apple, and some biscuts floating around the rest of the garbage. Having taken the food, I made my way back to my boy. Only to soon discover that he was nowhere to be found. My boy had be kidnapped or had just walked away. I could think of nothing. Emptiness... Sorrow... The feeling of losing my hope...

I decided that day, that moment, that second. I was going to find that boy.

I was going on a search, to find my lost hope.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!