I Lay Here

I lay here, watching the suns golden rays drip/shine slowly through the canopy of green foliage, completely and utterly at peace. I’m sprawled across a bed of golden leaves listening to the sounds of this Forest. The collective chirp of birds, the gentle flow of a near by stream, wind whistling around the trunks of trees and the definite hum of insects.

People call me ‘air-headed’ and ‘childish’, ‘ignorant’ and ‘naïve’. Maybe I am. They feel it is their right to slaughter these trees for a ‘new and improved’ shopping centre or complex. But this forest has been here for hundreds of years and yet they still have a blatant disregard for it.

Instead I lay here. Appreciating this forest for all it beauty.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!