Lalubys

‘Coming from under the blanket, into my room, saw them and I have to stop them.’ That was the last thing I said to my mother before she hung up on me. Silently I kept walking; surprised I saw a jelly bean. I adore jelly beans so before I thought about what I was doing I instantly swallowed it. At that very moment I began to shrink, my arms was short and my clothes some how still fitted me; everything around me was high!

I felt scared, nervous and hatred for I was so stupid to eat that jelly bean. I heard footsteps approach behind me, they sounded so soft that minutes ago I wouldn’t have heard them. A mini figure stood in front of me. It had a very light skin tone and eight legs. At first I thought it was a spider and I have shrunken to become its prey. But then I realized what it actually was, it was an 8-legged creature. It stood there shaking in front of me. Until it spoke “hi, I’m Zoobe I have been waiting for you”. He spoke in high-pitch. “What do you mean?” I asked. “You are in my home. Every house in the world owns Lalubys, we move houses every two years!” he replied. I felt confused because how could such creatures live in MY house, I never cared on how it all began all I wanted to do was go back to my real size. “How could I go back to my real 168cm sized-human?” I asked. “You are unable unless you go and get the resize potion, which is found on the other side of the house. We are small so this would take a couple of days” It spoke again. I never knew what to do, I was frightened because my family will realize I am gone and what if they step on me. “So a couple of days, then let’s get going” I rudely said marching the direction he pointed. It wasn’t long till we were in the kitchen. Every thing seemed normal, no one was around. My stomach started to rumble I felt pain. What they eat around here, I wondered. “You hungry, that’s weird we never eat!” Zoobie said. “WHAT” I screamed. He ignored me and kept walking; my legs were aching, my stomach rumbling, my head hurting and my patients up to the sky. We entered into, what I think the toilet. What would we be doing here? I wondered. Another Lulaby approached, he had a beard and old clothes. “Do you have it?” Zoobie asked him. He handed me a bottle so small and it had this yukky yellow thing. I never wanted to say goodbye or complain so I drank it.

I found myself in bed; the alarm clock buzzed 7:00am. I was in the dream the whole time! Funny thing I still felt hungry and the taste of that potion. Ow well at least I never got eaten!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!